25/05/2023 0 Comments
Mattresses, Your Most Pressing Questions Answered
For decades, Cloud 9 furniture has been offering clients all over Ireland one of the largest selections of mattresses available in the country. Our expert team of buyers evaluate everything from the materials a mattress is made from to its design. This attention to detail ensures that we only provide clients with the best mattresses at an affordable price. As you would expect, we get all types of questions on our collection. So, for the convenience of our clients, we've compiled the most common questions below and added comprehensive answers.
How much are mattresses?
The cost of a mattress in Ireland can vary widely depending on several factors such as brand, size, material, and retailer. On average, a good quality queen-size mattress can cost anywhere from €500 to €1000 or more. We recommend contacting us directly or visiting our furniture store to discuss individual pricing.
What are the best mattresses?
The best mattress is subjective and depends on personal preference and needs. However, some of the most popular and well-regarded brands include:
- Tuft & Needle
- Stearns & Foster
When choosing a mattress, it's essential to consider firmness, support, comfort, and material factors. Some people prefer memory foam, while others prefer innerspring or latex. We recommend visiting our furniture shop and testing the mattress before purchasing.
What are mattresses made of?
Mattresses can be made from a variety of materials, including:
- Memory foam: Made from polyurethane, it moulds to the body's shape for pressure relief.
- Innerspring: Contains metal coils for support, with a layer of padding on top for comfort.
- Latex: Made from natural or synthetic rubber, it is supportive and resilient.
Hybrid: A combination of innerspring and foam offers a balance of support and comfort.
- Airbed: An adjustable air chamber provides support with a padded top for comfort.
- Waterbed: A water-filled chamber provides support with a padded top for comfort.
How long do memory foam mattresses last?
The lifespan of a memory foam mattress depends on various factors, such as quality, usage, and care. A high-quality memory foam mattress can last anywhere from 7 to 10 years with proper care. However, some cheaper memory foam mattresses may only last a few years. Regularly rotating and flipping the mattress, using a supportive foundation, and protecting it with a mattress cover can help extend its lifespan. It's always a good idea to check the warranty the manufacturer offers for specific details on lifespan and protection.
How to get stains out of mattresses?
Here are some general steps to remove stains from a mattress:
- Blot the stain: First, use a clean cloth or paper towel to blot up as much of the stain as possible. Do not rub, as this can spread the stain or damage the fibres.
- Choose a cleaning solution: For water-based stains, such as spills or sweat, mix a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar. For oil-based stains, such as makeup or lotion, use a solution of baking soda and water. For protein-based stains, such as blood or urine, use hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply the solution: Spray or dab the solution onto the stain, covering it completely. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Blot the stain again: Use a clean cloth or paper towel to blot up as much of the solution and stain as possible. Repeat as needed.
- Air dry: Allow the area to air dry thoroughly. Avoid using heat, such as a hair dryer or heater, as this can set the stain.
Note: It's always a good idea to first test the cleaning solution on an inconspicuous mattress area to ensure it doesn't cause discolouration or damage. Also, consider consulting the manufacturer's care instructions for specific recommendations on stain removal.
We understand that no matter how comprehensive the above list is, you'll still have questions about mattresses. After all, it's a big purchase; therefore, if you want to discuss your next mattress buy with our experts, please contact us today.